Friday, December 02, 2005

Johnny Cash Tonight at Tambaleo

So it's Friday at 11:12am and I had a killer day at the office yesterday. I'm not going to go into it and all, but I'm pretty sure that I secured my employment for the next year. For me that's pretty good. Not that I'm a bad employee or anything it's just that every time I starting working for someone and really start to like my job, something happens to the interworkings of the company and I find myself "networking" to find the next bid thing to work on. Luckily this time around the company that I work for has been in business for a while and at least I'll be able to pay the bills for a while. . . .


But enough of this insanity! The most important thing is that there is going to be a killer show at Tambaleo tonight featuring Austin's premier Johnny Cash tribute band. I've heard good things about this place and I've actually been there a few times. Long ago it was the ever popular electric lounge that made David Garza and Twang Twang Shocka Boom famous. Hopefully some of that music Karma will hit us like a rock. I hear that they have really great drink specials during happy hour . . . so good they are almost free, but that would be illegal . . . in some states (of mind!). We really hope that everyone can come out to the show, have a few drinks, celebrate Happy Fridays and hear some great Johnny Cash.



SIDE BAR You know we do a lot of tunes and we admit that we sometimes stray away from the core of the band, which is to pay homage to Johnny Cash, but we also don't want to pigeon hole ourselves and we are constantly stretching our musical muscles! So if you experience that block of Jazz tunes or you are confused about why we felt like a Lionel Richie medley was important, just remember . . . if it ain't fixed, don't break it!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

9:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lionel Richie and Jazz out of a Johnny Cash tribute band? Interesting. I like to see how you pull that one off during a show.

It is nice to see good Cash tribute bands out there. If you are ever in the Carolina's, be sure to check out The Folsom Prison Gang. They are the Johnny Cash Tribute Band in this region.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home