Friday, November 18, 2005

10 Questions from the Wives of A Band Named Sue

Ladies and Gentlefolk, I would like to introduce you to the wives of A Band Named Sue. I sent out a quick 10 question interview to both of the wives and posted the questions and answers here on the blog. Check back for more interviews from family and fans!

The Questions:

1. What is your full name?
Amber Lee LaBrecque Downing

2. Where were you born?
Alma, Michigan (but lived in Claire)

3. When and where were you when you first met your husband?
April 2005, working at IMark.com, 5000 Plaza on the Lake, Austin, TX – he took the good speakers for my computer and gave me speakers that were “just decent.” I didn’t care about sound quality though, I just needed to be able to hear the music – is that a girl thing?

4. Where did he propose?
River City Grille in Marble Falls. We were having dinner on the back deck overlooking the lake and the sunset.

5. Did he get down on one knee?
Of course. Unfortunately, I don’t remember what he was saying because I was so surprised.

6. What was your initial reaction to the Idea of A Band Named Sue?
Another music project…

7. What did you think the first time that you saw the band?
I was really impressed (although I have to say that I think anything James is part of is pretty darn good). I like the unique trio aspect, plus I heard them for the first time at an outside venue (my favorite way to hear live music). I love it when guys wear cowboy hats!

8. What is your favorite Johnny Cash song?
Actually, I’m just now getting familiar with his music. I was raised by hippie parents and didn’t even know country music existed until later in life, it surely wasn’t played on any of our radios at home.

9. If you were to put together a tribute band to a famous singer or band, who would it be?
Pleasurecraft – I miss the rock shows!

10. besides playing in the band, what else is your husband really good at that might suprise some people? (keep it clean!)
James is really good at ironing! A bit of an iron snob actually. To the point that he does his own instead of having me touch his clothes with that hot slab of metal because I don’t do it “right”. He likes stiff creases; I just get the wrinkles out. It works out though because very rarely do I have to iron my own stuff anymore (one may wonder if I purposely set this situation up…he’ll never know!). Also, even if you think he’s the cool rockstar type, he really is a bit of a computer geek. He’s not into computer games (thank goodness) but I bet he spends just as many hours as a gamer, in front of the computer organizing and re-organizing his music and information files (if only he’d organize things that weren’t just in cyberspace…), and now writing blogs about anything and everything. It’s nice to have your own personal IT department though!

----------------------------------

1. What’s your full name?
Jennifer Allen Wegrzyn

2. Where were you born?
Decatur, GA

3. When and where were you when you first met your husband?
Street Music Festival in Buffalo, NY

4. Where did he propose?
The street by our house

5. Did he get down on one knee?
yes

6. What was your initial reaction to the Idea of A Band Named Sue?
It is about time

7. What did you think the first time that you saw the band?
The lead singer is sexy!

8. What’s your favorite Johnny Cash song?
Boy Named Sue

9. If you were to put together a tribute band to a famous singer or band, who would it be?
Wings

10. besides playing in the band, what else is your husband really good at that might surprise some people (keep it clean!)
Andy is the most loyal friend anyone could have. He is a really good friend to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home