Friday, November 18, 2005

Everyone Will Stand In Line

I walk the line; the new Johnny Cash movie opens today. There is such a buzz about Johnny Cash now, so that’s really good for the band. Hopefully there will be a burst of interest in what A Band Named Sue is doing. I have to admit that I'm a much bigger fan of Johnny Cash now than I was before I started playing in A Band Named Sue. My buddy Scott Durkin is a huge Johnny Cash fan and I'm sure that this new movie, I walk the line will be only the second DVD that he owns next to Urban Cowboy which, by the way is a GREAT movie. I think that I might finish my day by sitting down in front of the old TV and watching that movie while I finish up the entries for the blog that my company is starting. Yes folks, I have a job that requires me to work from home. And yes, it is great.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the movie and I was thinking about taking my wife to the show tonight, but then sitting at home and preparing a nice meal and chilling out sounds really good too. Maybe we will go and see the movie on Saturday night; at least we will have the day to relax a little.

We have some shows coming up in a weeks, so put them down on your calendar

Wednesday November 30th we play happy hour at The Mean Eyed Cat. Come out to the show and tie one off with the boys and girls after the work day and I'll tell you all about how great it is not to have to drive to work!

Saturday December 3rd it's another show at the Brentwood Tavern. We might be playing this show inside because of the cooler weather, but if all is well then we might just be outside again. Come out to the Brentwood and take advantage of the playscape by inviting your friends that have kids that don't get as many chances to come out to see live music. It would be much easier if you could just chain your kids to the wall like they did in the 50's, but those days are long gone.

Remember only 35 more shopping days until Christmas. Click here if you really want to get me something nice!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as what you want for Christmas--in your dreams!! Love, Mom

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home